Thursday, November 24, 2011

my radio is nigerianinfo.com 99.3 :))

I am talking about the news channel we are listening every morning & evening on the way to and back from the office! There is the same woman who is running a discussion program. She is basically focusing on hot topics on political & economic issues & news and the society. Her style is pretty engaging as well. She just picks up a topic from an article or a survey or a newspaper and asks the audience to call in and express their feelings / views. 
A few topics I've had a chance to listen:

  • According to an article, Nigerian people are loud and the loudest in the world. Are really loud? What do you think? YES M'AM, YOU ARE LOUD! :))
  • We keep talking about corruption at all levels from government to police, from top to down. Some people still do not have electricity, on the other hand some has nice cars and fully operational houses. So what is the solution? A revolution?? NO M'AM, I'VE JUST ARRIVED - IT IS TOO SOON TO FACE A REVOLUTION AS I AM JUST CATCHING UP WITH A LIFE WITH NO ELECTRICITY OR NO RUNNING WATER!
  • How can we get rid of the street sellers (people who try to sell gum / fruit / furniture during traffic areas)?? One man called in and his reply was "We can get rid of them only if we bridge the gap between poor and rich in Nigeria. But it is difficult given the corruption and bribery." OK GOT IT, CORRUPTION & BRIBERY IS THE SUMMARY OF POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC LIFE IN NIGERIA!
  • (Another insightful question) While you are driving at 3am in the morning, you have seen a man injured and lying on the side of the road. Would you stop and help the person? The man's answer: I'd want to help however I'd expect the police to come and help. The girl's reply: this shows what we have lost as a society!
As a market and consumer researcher, I cannot consider a better and insightful conversations than I can find on nigerianinfo.com. Not maybe tomorrow, but one day, I'd like to meet this girl and conduct an interview about all the discussions she's had so far with millions of people. I am sure she would give the richest and the most diverse insights I could ever think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment