Saturday, August 18, 2012

Back to my blog with peaceful Mauritius

Hello Blog,
Long time, no see! This time I salute you from Mauritius!

Amazing, beautiful, green island! When landing to Mauritius, one thing I learnt is you should stop everything you do and watch the beautiful green fields, volcano which has been asleep in the last 700 hundred year, the biggest lake in the country and turquoise ocean!

After we landed, a very modern, cleaner and nicer airport (compared to Lagos) greeted us. I am positively surprised as knowing the Lagos Airport, I was expecting something old, crowded and not in proper order. The Mauritius airport was exact opposite and I was out in 15 minutes.
We were staying Lux Grande Gaube and the driver picked me up at the airport.
He was a very nice and intellectual guy who was originally Indian (long long time ago) and was born & raised in Mauritius. When we were passing through, he told me all the stories about his home town - Phoenix - and the capital - Port Louis. I have seen amazing buildings in Phoenix as they are building it like a modern city. Port Louis was a real port with a big bus station and the port where ships were waiting to be filled.



First impressions are positive about the country and ultra positive about the city. They ask what kind of scent you want in your room or they come for soap service so you put the soap crumbles next to your underwear.



More pics to come, a lot more to see in Mauritius! Let the fun begin...

Cheers,
G.

No comments:

Post a Comment