Saturday, September 24, 2011

DAY 2 - 24 hours without electricity

Yes, it is exactly true. We lived without electricity for 24 hours! I was able actually which surprised me most :)) 
I arrived P&G guest house in Ocean Parade and everything was seemingly nice. The next day, when I woke up there was a problem with the conditioner. It was not working and my room was so hot. When I turned on the lights, the ugly truth hit me: there was no electricity. Actually I did not mind that much as I was going to be at work most of the day. 

But it was really frustrating when I came back home in the evening and there was no lights again. LEARNING #2: you have to pay everything in advance so that you can use the service. Since the company forgot to pay for the electricity that day, we were left with no lights but just the candles that night. 

I went to bed at 10.30 since there was nothing else to do. So going back to basics, a person can survive without electricity and lights! OMG - Welcome to Nigeria!!!

The lifesaver we had for the night:

No comments:

Post a Comment