Monday, September 26, 2011

DAY 8 - Have you ever seen the CV of a housekeeper with all aspirations and dreams??

Yes, I did hence first time in my life. What is funnier is I just started treating it as a usual P&G interview CV and tried to assess the person based on success drivers. :)))
Of course it was the most stupid thing in my life and I burst into laughter for 10 minutes. :)))

My candidate was secondary school holder who claims to be a focused neat individual, a good care taker, hardworking / proactive worker (wow!! and it continues), can adapt to work in a fast pace environment while ensuring job completion within time and budget management, a good team spirit. I think we should hire this person for best-in-class multinational companies not for my one-person-little home management. :)) She is basically talking about all the success drivers we look for in the individuals:
  • hardworking / proactive - LEADERSHIP
  • can adapt to fast pace - EMBRACES CHANGE
  • ensuring job completing - OPERATES WITH DISCIPLINE
and it is not enough. She is also listing what kind of food she can make and mentions she is open to learning different international cuisines. :)
Further there were two reference letters attached to the CV as well. Both were talking about how wonderful she was and why I should have her as a housekeeper in my house.

My mom's comment was even more hilarious! She said why they'd have told us Africa is still developing, they even a CV for housekeeping while housekeepers in Turkey barely know how to write and read!!! A real teacher's comment... :)

After a sound P&G style CV and many good words about her, of course I could not stop myself but hired her immediately :) although I don't have a house yet!!!

At least I have a housekeeper now who can keep me wherever I am as she was saying in her CV she can adapt to fast pace environment with or without a house!! :))






No comments:

Post a Comment