Tuesday, October 4, 2011

DAY 14 - Long Weekend in Lagos

What would you do in Lagos over a three-day-weekend? You probably (and should) travel to other countries around here (Ghana, Cameroon, Senegal or even Kenya - Tanzania). What if you don't have your passport (for the temporary work permit application) with you, then you stay in town and ENJOY LAGOS!!! At least that's what we did for this weekend... And I did enjoy it and feel more  local now!!! :)


After we got lost on Friday  (kind of unpleasant welcome from US Consulate GOGOGOOGOGO :)) and ended up in a nice garden restaurant with awful meal but good music , we decided to go to a real nice restaurant with good food on Saturday night. Brenda suggested to go to this Brazilian barbecue place (if not US barbecue, we go to the Brazilian one!!) in VI called Churrasco. The set up was very nice as you pick one of the three menus: meat, chicken or seafood, and then they start serving the food until you faint. Plus you get side dishes from the open salad buffet! I don't even mention the drinks as you can find the different tastes of South Amerika as I had one of the best Pina Coladas in my life! 
Although the place is not the poshest ever, it looks very nice from the outside as it is just by the lagoon!


The next morning, I went for swimming in our nice pool with the ocean view. :) I hear JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS :) Although it is winter here, who would say no for a swim when it is 28 degree Celsius out there - one of the best things about Nigeria!!



Then we decided to enjoy the sunny weather more and went to Eko Hotel in VI. Eko Hotel is probably one of the most active hotels hosting conventions, meetings, Gala dinners and the Fashion Show! Yes, when we got there, we learned that Lagos Fashion Show was starting on Wednesday and it was with the participation of Turkish companies. What a chance!! 


I loved Eko Hotel not only because of its pool side casual bar but also the delicious food at the Sky Bar/Restaurant which is located at the top of the hotel. I had the biggest king size prawn ever with delicious noodle as side! A definite must-go in Lagos.
Pool side bar with palm trees and relaxed people... It makes you feel that you are in a very exotic and indulging place rather than hectic Lagos atmosphere:)




Although I stayed in, I still enjoyed it and think I am getting used it faster than I thought! :) yayyyyy





1 comment:

  1. Dear,
    I really got jealous of your pool with the ocean view and the bar&restaurant of Eko Hotel :)
    I'm sure you'll find out more hidden treasures that will make you feel more accustomed and even local as the time passes. Most importantly, please try to feel gifted with all those treasures at the times you feel down there.
    With my sincere love Gizem,
    FULYA

    ReplyDelete